Our kitchen is run by Red-Seal certified Executive Chef Jay Potter – with over 20 years of industry experience. Our menu focuses on Texas-style BBQ, with slow-roasted and smoked meats prepared in Clifford, our big red BBQ pit/smoker. Almost everything on the menu is prepared from scratch with high quality local ingredients. We have several vegetarian, gluten free and celiac options, as well.
We sell our premier barbecued meats a la carte-style (by the pound), or on combo-style signature platters with enough food for anywhere from 1 person up to 12 or more. Barbecue platters are now available all-day!
We’ve also launched a ton of delicious new food items:
- Pastrami – 7-day brined and rubbed before smoking
- Elk Meatballs – house-made with a maple-sage glaze, served in butter sauce
- Smoked Hummus – smoked chickpeas blended with garlic and tahini, served with carrot and celery sticks and naan bread
- Fried pastrami nuggets – with smoked sauerkraut and Carolina Gold BBQ sauce
- Mango IPA macaroni salad side
- Crispy bacon potato salad side
- Cheesy mashed potato croquettes
- Hot-smoked pickled veggie side
- Falafel Burger – Chickpea-based patty with carmelized onions, pickles and Swiss cheese
- Brisket Meatloaf food special on Thursdays!
- And we’ve added an option for a mouth-watering smoked jalapeño bacon dip upgrade for the pretzel bites!
Prairie Dog Pays Fair Wages
It is important to us that our employees are taken care of with fair wages – read more. When you receive exceptional customer service, you are free to reward our chefs, dishwashers and waitstaff at your discretion, preferably by contributing to our staff discretionary fund, which is used for parties and other rewards for our staff:
Buy your server or kitchen staff a beer – $5
Receive a high five from the pit-master on duty – $2