Attention all guests of Prairie Dog Brewing:
We would like to provide some information about how Prairie Dog is responding to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We have been closely monitoring the progression of the disease since December, and have been preparing for several weeks for its eventual presence in Alberta.
We take the health and welfare of our guests and staff extremely seriously, so although the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as “low” in Alberta and across Canada, any guest or staff member that shows signs of illness (coughing, sneezing, runny nose, etc.) will be asked to leave immediately.
At Prairie Dog Brewing, we’ve always maintained a very high standard of cleanliness and sanitation, but to be certain that we aren’t giving this virus any opportunities for transmission, we are taking several additional precautions.
Precautions we have already taken:
- Validating that our high-temperature dishwashing machines are effective against coronaviruses.
- Switching our multi-quat sanitizer to a chlorine-based disinfectant that is effective against COVID-19.
- We’ve increased both the frequency and intensity of sanitizing/disinfection protocols for high-touch surfaces like payment terminals, menus, bathrooms, door knobs, and light switches.
- We have brought in easy-to-sanitize on-table dispensers that minimize napkin exposure to potential airborne pathogens.
- We have removed our board games and card games because we cannot thoroughly sanitize them.
- We have added signage in all bathrooms regarding proper hand washing, and sent an all-staff bulletin with instructions to minimize the risk of transmission at our brewpub.
- We are closely following Alberta Health Services and World Health Organization bulletins to ensure that we are taking appropriate precautions against disease transmission.
Precautions that will come into effect as of Friday, March 13th:
- We will no longer be accepting cash (eww germs!) – please bring payment cards.
- We will no longer be refilling customer growlers on the spot; instead:
- We will exchange any Prairie Dog-branded growler that we find in suitable condition for one that we’ve already taken the time to thoroughly clean and sanitize, and will fill it with the beer of the customer’s choice at regular off-sale pricing.
Thank you for your support as we continue to monitor this extraordinary pandemic and make changes that support the health and safety of our team, guests and community. Please do what you can do to stay healthy!
For more information, please check out the resources assembled by the Calgary Chamber of Commerce at https://tinyurl.com/rjjsmjo.
- Thank you from the team at Prairie Dog Brewing